Optional Retirement - Rollover Contributions

Acceptance of eligible rollovers into the plan

You may roll over into the Optional Retirement plan an eligible distribution from another employer's eligible retirement plan, you Individual Retirement Account or an individual retirement annuity (other than after-tax contributions or designated Roth contributions).


You must request a direct rollover from the distributing plan or make an indirect rollover within 60 days of receipt of the eligible rollover distribution.


Contact TIAA at 1-800-842-2252 for more information.



Rollover distributions

When you leave the Research Foundation of SUNY you can also roll over your RF contributions to your next employer if they have an eligible plan and allow this type of contribution. 


You may also roll over contributions to another plan while still employed as long as you are at least age 59-1/2.


A qualified rollover will not be taxed regardless of your age.  See the Benefits Handbook or Postdoctoral Employee Benefits Handbook for more information regarding rollovers.



Optional Retirement



Contact your campus benefits office for more information.

Copyright 2013 Research Foundation of SUNY