Optional Retirement - Make Account Changes

Contribution Amount Changes

You may change the amount of your salary reduction at any time by logging into My Benefits in Employee Self Service.  If you do not have internet access, you may instead complete a new Salary Reduction Agreement Form. Any change you make by using this form will be effective only with respect to salary earned after receipt of the Salary Reduction Agreement Form by your Campus Benefits Office. 



Name or Address Changes

Once you have informed your RF campus Benefits Office of your new name and/or address, please contact TIAA to change this information directly with them as well. 


You can change your address online by visiting; however, you must call directly at 1-800-842-2252 or use the TIAA Notice of Change of Name Form to change your name. 



Terminate Participation in Optional Retirement

To terminate your participation in the plan, simply log in to My Benefits in Employee Self Service, select Optional Retirement, and change your election amount to 0.0%.  If you do not have internet access, you can complete a new salary reduction agreement which should indicate zero percent as a deduction. If you terminate employment or have a leave of absence during the calendar year and you return to employment within 28 days, the same reduction amount will resume upon your return. If you do not want the salary reduction to resume, make the change in Employee Self Service or complete a new Salary Reduction Agreement indicating zero percent as a deduction which must then be submitted to your campus benefits office.




Optional Retirement



Contact your campus benefits office for more information.

Copyright 2013 Research Foundation of SUNY