Basic Retirement - Rollovers

Rollover Distributions

When you leave the Research Foundation of SUNY you can also rollover your RF contributions to your next employer if they have an eligible plan and allow this type of contribution. 


A qualified rollover will not be taxed regardless of your age, unless you fail to complete the transaction within the required timeframe. 


Acceptance of Eligible Rollovers Into the Plan

You may roll over into the Basic Retirement plan an eligible distribution from another employer's eligible retirement plan, your Individual Retirement Account or an individual retirement annuity (other than after-tax contributions or designated Roth contributions). You must request a direct rollover within 60 days of receipt of the eligible rollover distribution. Contact TIAA for more information.


See the Benefits Handbook for more information regarding rollovers.




Contact your campus benefits office for more information.

Copyright 2013 Research Foundation of SUNY