Availability • Get Instructions for Accessing RF Quick View
About RF Quick View
RF Quick View is a tool that provides principal investigators quick access to award, project and task information through the RF Web site.
The tool was created at the request of SUNY’s vice presidents for research to create a more intuitive tool for PIs to view available balances and associated information. It was built based on feedback from PIs and campus focus groups to ensure that it is easy-to-use and efficient.
Account balances and other activity represent transactions made in the Oracle business system through the previous day.
RF Quick View provides direct access to the following data:
- Available balance
- Payroll expenditures
- Payroll encumbrances
- Cash applied (award level only)
- Open purchase orders
- Vendor payments
- Vendor checks cleared
- Vendor check status
- Reports (award level only)
|> View the tool’s benefits and features in the RF Quick View Slide Show|
RF Quick View is available seven days a week. It will be down for a brief period each night for data updates.
Access RF Quick View
RF Quick View uses single sign-on technology – similar to that used for online banking -- to maintain security while providing personalized access to award information.
You can log in to the RF Web site with your user name and password to access RF Quick View from anywhere there is Internet access.
If you have a username and password for the RF Web site:
Follow your campus process so the campus RF security administrator can assign the responsibilities you will need to access RF Quick View.
To request an RF Web site user name and password:
- Go the RF Web site at www.rfsuny.org
- Click the Login button on the upper, right side of the Web page.
- Click Request access to the RF Web site
- Complete and submit the Request a User Account form, making sure to select “Principal Investigator and Staff” from the drop-down menu in the Your Role field.
- Follow your campus process so the campus RF security administrator can assign the responsibilities you will need to access RF Quick View.